Jamiroquai’s “(Don't) Give Hate a Chance” Music Video from 2005


"(Don't) Give Hate A Chance" is the third and final single from British funk/acid jazz band Jamiroquai's sixth studio album, Dynamite. The single was released on November 7th, 2005. The video (featured above) is Jamiroquai's first-ever computer animated music video and pays homage to the Italian cartoon “La Linea”.

Production by Partizan UK, with post-production by Machine Molle (“Directed by Alex & Martin”).

I remembered when this came out, I was laughing at the “Buffalo Man” depiction of Jay Kay and his Indian Chief headdress! I was on the peak of my obsession with animation in different aspects of media (film, tv, TVC, MVs etc) and this track was a delight, even though I wasn’t much a fan of Jamiroquai’s music until much later… :)

Although thinking back, I wasn’t too sure if the visuals were as “crisp” / sharp - compared to the current versions, seen even on Vimeo…

Comments

Popular Posts